Bankruptcy – Rebuilding Credit
How do I rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy?
After filing for bankruptcy in Houston Tx, it is important to take the right steps for credit rebuilding as quickly as possible:
- Pay all of your monthly bills on time. If you can pay them in full that is even better.
- Create a spreadsheet of your budget from your bankruptcy file. On your spreadsheet include what expenses you have (i.e. rent/mortgage, utilities, groceries, gas, healthcare, savings, extras). Then write down how much you spend on each of these things every month. In doing so, you will be able to see where your money is going, how you are spending it, and then decide as a family what your highest priorities are. You can then cut back on non-priority expenses to guarantee that the truly important payments are covered.
- Create budget for yourself and stick with it.
- Set up a savings account. Putting money aside into a savings account each month will protect you financially in the event of an emergency, such as a job layoff or a medical emergency.
- Do not spend more money than you bring home each month. Do not spend more than you can afford.
- Use debit cards not credit cards where your purchases come from your checking account so you are making no future bills .
These are simple ways you can begin to rebuild your credit cards or other credit needs. Furthermore, they are all good money management skills that, if you can stick with it, can help you become financially secure and stable long into the future.
Our online bankruptcy information will clear up some your fears about the new bankruptcy laws but to find out your actual bankruptcy options you need your face to face questions answered at your own free consultation.
Houston bankruptcy lawyer O. Miller White has provided many clients with the advice and support they need to become financially secure after filing for bankruptcy. If you are interested in scheduling a free consultation to discuss your credit situation, please do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of O. Miller White. Helping good people is what we do in Houston, Friendswood, La Porte and the surrounding areas.